• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo motherboard (overclock?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neophyte_99

I have a really big problem...
My bios is showing wrong Mhz speed.
I have benched the processor and it´s going really slow.
I have a P2 266 but my bios won´t let it go any faster than
180 Mhz.

There´s no multiplier on my soyo motherboard only a dip where you sets the max Mhz. I´ve tried various settings but it won´t work.

With my old bios it showed me first 250 Mhz then when i restarted it showed 180 Mhz.

I really need help with this.
Any programs or bios upgrades that could fix the problem?
I would be grateful if someone know how to fix it.

welcome to the forums!

we need to know the model and type of board, as well as chipset type if you know. Cuz as it stands I have no idea!:D Have you already tried flashing the BIOS?

Ok here´s my motherboard specs.

Model:SY-6KB
Description:440LX ATX Mainboard
Processor:Intel pentium II processor (233-333 Mhz)
Chipset:Intel 82440LX PCI Chipset
I/O Bus:
1 x 32 bit AGP Slot
4 x 32 bit Bus mastering PCI Slots
3 x 16 bit ISA slots (one shareable PCI/ISA slot)

System memory:
4 x 168 pin DIMM memory slots
Supports 8/16/32/64/128 168 pin modules
Supports max 512 mb SDRAM.

BIOS:
Award Bios with green ,plug and play, NCR, SCSI and DMI functions.
Supports multi-boot
2 Mbit Flash ROM

Other:
PC97 compliance
UDMA/33 or ATA E-IDE Interface

That´s about it.

Concerning the bios, i have already tried to flash the bios with a newer bios but the new bios made it worse.

I´ve installed a bench program "Sandra 2001" and it said something about the bios DMI and it also said that i could maybe fix it with a tool like "DMIcfg".I did a search on it, on the web but i could not find anything.

Please help me :(

cool! I'll dig more later but for now- try to flash back to the older BIOS, if possible. The LX chipset supports that CPU 100%, so it should work just fine...I'll get back to you when I find more info.

O, BTW, ignore that DMI thing Sandra warned about. I don't think it's possible to build a PC that Sandra thinks is perfect:) DMI= Desktop Managment Interface. Unless Sandra gave a specific warning both on what was wrong AND why, it's probably nothing.

Back