• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCleaner 1.37.456 & Vista Control Panel Vanishes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richie13

Hi folks,

I run the system in my sig with Windows Vista Ultimate. I downloaded the latest version of CCleaner utility recently. Funny thing is that once done with cleaning up my HD, all the icons in the control panel vanish. I haven't been able to figure out if there is a setting in CCleaner that shouldn't be checked or if the utility just isn't completely compatible with Vista. Luckily I have the control panel zip file on hand and was able to fix it right up. This is the third time it's happened, so I've uninstalled it. Just wanted to pass this information along in case the problem isn't with me not using the utility correctly.

Hi Merlin,

I didn't think of doing that, thanks. I'll be sure to pass my experience onto him. Aside from that one problem, the utility did a really good cleaning up Vista.

Hi guys,

That's very strange. I suppose it has to do with all the different mobo's and system configurations out there. BTW...Tyler, I love your avatar...LOL

No issues here and I've been using even older versions then this one as well.

Back