• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DQ6 3.3 won't boot from raid in Vista install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samair

Ran into this trouble; --googled and found that it was mentioned in some reviews etc. found some information on approaches to fix which I am trying to digest. Basically it is a dance between Intel, Microsoft, and gigabyte. When the dust settles it will be fixed but it seems there is something that you can do now.

Have any of you crossed th is hurdle. What is the fix?

Nothing serious?

there is some good information for DQ6 at this address http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1145002&page=4 but my problem turned out to be that I did not understand Vista install precess. Installing the drivers in a vista install is a little different. One way to make it work is to go through the format process then cancel install and start over. Nest time when you get to the screen that follows the raid setup screen just install the driver. It can be on a floppy or a CD. You can brows for it. after installing the driver continue with the install without formating, (it has already been done, remember?)

the board is not the problem. I don't want to start from scratch again with an unformated drive to work out the exact sequence but I know it doesn't like for you to format and then install the driver in the same session. Hope this helps. The board has me grinning from ear to ear. Vista could have waited. Lots of my old programs don't want to work i Vista.

Back