• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to make Windows webpages go full sreen every time in IE7.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyHolly

Hi guys... Ever since I installed Internet Explorer 7.0 I have been having small problems because they moved all the damn buttons. My problem is that every time I open a window or click on something that pops up a secondary window, it always appears tiny and I like stuff popping up full screen.

On the older version, if you closed the last window full screen or dragged the borders to the edge of the screen and clicked the close button...the next time you opened it, the window would reappear full screen. How do I make new pages appear full screen ever time?

TommyHolly said:
Hi guys... Ever since I installed Internet Explorer 7.0 I have been having small problems because they moved all the damn buttons. My problem is that every time I open a window or click on something that pops up a secondary window, it always appears tiny and I like stuff popping up full screen.

On the older version, if you closed the last window full screen or dragged the borders to the edge of the screen and clicked the close button...the next time you opened it, the window would reappear full screen. How do I make new pages appear full screen ever time?
Firefox is your friend.

I found a couple of reg entry edits that may help some. If I remeber right your familar with the regisrty and the general care and feeding of Windows.. :D So I don't need to do the standard warnings or intros.

HKCU | SOFTWARE | MICROSOFT | INTERNET EXPLORER | MAIN
FullScreen=YES

HKLM | SOFTWARE | MICROSOFT | INTERNET EXPLORER | MAIN
FullScreen=YES

This is a full reboot type edit.

..Next up, edit the html shortcut/page handeling.

Click (Win Explorer) Tools - Folder Options - FILE TYPES Tab.

Scroll to HTML, click to highlight

Click the Advanced Button.

Click on Open - Click Edit.

Click "Application used to preform this action"

Scroll to end of entry and BACKSPACE OVER THE "%1", removing it from the entry.

Click OK till all is closed i nthis dialog.

Another reboot.

It worked for me. I had the same issue when using IE7. It annoyed me to pieces.

Yikes! I have to edit the registry just to fix it??? I was expecting some hidden menu on Tools or View up in the menu bar that I didnt see under advanced settings or something...but the registry? Ugh...

Surely there has got to be a way to make the pages pop up full sccreen/expanded every time without adjustijng your registry?

I haven't found any simpler way . :|
You could just make a backup of your keys. Then make a entry to just merge it.

The days of simple ol' IE6 seem long gone now, and the way it was run. From what I gather it does not rely on the shell as much as it did. In Vista is even less dependant on the shell.

If I knew of an easier way. I surely would of presented it.

Enablingwolf said:
I haven't found any simpler way . :|
You could just make a backup of your keys. Then make a entry to just merge it.

The days of simple ol' IE6 seem long gone now, and the way it was run. From what I gather it does not rely on the shell as much as it did. In Vista is even less dependant on the shell.

If I knew of an easier way. I surely would of presented it.

Wolf, was just wondering the same thing with IE7. I looked all over for an easy adjustment. It it ain't broke, they fix it until it is. Cripes............

The last window I X stays as the default for me... If I open up full screen then close the window. The next window I open will be full screen. Not sure why yours isn't working that way. I have ie 7 and vista.

Back