• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP - P5B Dlx what is this device??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mowgly1

Registered
Hello,

Could someone please tell me what this unknown device is and where to get the Drivers. Only things connected to the mother board is my mouse/keyboard and a saitek joystick. I think it's something on the motherboard but can't find a driver that corresponds on the ASUS site.

Device details,

General tab:
Intel(R) ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller

Details tab:
ACPI\ATK0110\1010110

ACPI\ATK0110
*ATK0110

Thanks,

Mow

PS. How can I post screenshots, if needed?

I had a heck of a time last weekend trying to figure something out like this.
It was cured by loading the matrix drivers. Did you load the inf drivers?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,255
OnDborder said:
I had a heck of a time last weekend trying to figure something out like this.
It was cured by loading the matrix drivers. Did you load the inf drivers?

I already installed the inf, didn't use the cd used the latest from intels website, as for the matrix drivers I did the same for them downloaded the lastest from intel, but when I tried installing them I got an error saying some components are missing and it can't install (I could only find the raid edition ones, maybe this is why?). I'll look again and see what I can find. I don't have a raid array and I thought I had disabled all raid fonctions in the bios?

Thanks,

Mowgly1 said:
Hello,

Could someone please tell me what this unknown device is and where to get the Drivers. Only things connected to the mother board is my mouse/keyboard and a saitek joystick. I think it's something on the motherboard but can't find a driver that corresponds on the ASUS site.

Device details,

General tab:

Details tab:
ACPI\ATK0110\1010110

ACPI\ATK0110
*ATK0110

Thanks,

Mow

I have the same thing in my device manager: Family LPC Interface Controller, with a yellow question mark by it. I've been ignoring it but I suppose I should do something about it. I used the latest INF file from guru3d but I haven't installed the Matrix drivers yet. ICH8/ICH8R indicates southbridge, which controls RAID, so I'm guessing the Matrix drivers need installing and RAID probably needs to be enabled in BIOS to install the drivers correctly. You mentioned you had disabled RAID in BIOS. That might have prevented a proper Matrix driver installation.

Pomegranate said:
I have the same thing in my device manager: Family LPC Interface Controller, with a yellow question mark by it. I've been ignoring it but I suppose I should do something about it. I used the latest INF file from guru3d but I haven't installed the Matrix drivers yet. ICH8/ICH8R indicates southbridge, which controls RAID, so I'm guessing the Matrix drivers need installing and RAID probably needs to be enabled in BIOS to install the drivers correctly. You mentioned you had disabled RAID in BIOS. That might have prevented a proper Matrix driver installation.

Yeah probably, but I would have thought that if the raid function in the bios was disabled then it wouldn't appear in windows? With my old motherboard Abit IC7 thats how it worked, so I woud have thought it the same with the asus board. I'll try that tomorrow anyways.

other then this little inconvenience this board rocks currently with a fsb of 375 had the vcore at 1.4250 and now I have it at 1.3875 (think thats what it was in the bios) and will be running orthos overnight to see if it's ok with the lower volts.

Thanks for the reply,

[SIZE=-1]stright from goole: ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY

The last time i saw this was on an A8N-SLI Deluxe a few months back that was in the shop for service.

Turns out, Asus had a driver specifically for that on they're support website.

~ Gos
[/SIZE]

Mowgly1 said:
Hello,

Device details,

General tab:

Details tab:
ACPI\ATK0110\1010110

ACPI\ATK0110
*ATK0110

Thanks,

Mow

The device you are talking about is the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY, you can dowload the driver from the link below.

ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device version 1.0.13.6 for Windows 2000 / XP (32bit and 64bit) / 2003 (32bit & 64bit) / VISTA (32bit & 64bit)

Hope this helps!

d.chatten said:
The device you are talking about is the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY, you can dowload the driver from the link below.

ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device version 1.0.13.6 for Windows 2000 / XP (32bit and 64bit) / 2003 (32bit & 64bit) / VISTA (32bit & 64bit)

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that has solved it. Don't know why the intel one didn't work (probably because I disactivated the RAID), but now I have no yellow question marks, so thanks to everyone who try to help.

And hope those who had the same, download this driver. Also now I know what it's called I found it on the site as well.

Mow

Mowgly1 said:
Thanks, that has solved it. Don't know why the intel one didn't work (probably because I disactivated the RAID), but now I have no yellow question marks, so thanks to everyone who try to help.

And hope those who had the same, download this driver. Also now I know what it's called I found it on the site as well.

Mow
I'm glad it fixed your issue, but, the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver has nothing what so ever to with Intel or raid, the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY is for monitoring voltage, temps and controlling fan speed, etc, the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver is for use with Asus Probe II and Asus AI Booster which by the way already contains the driver needed.

d.chatten said:
I'm glad it fixed your issue, but, the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver has nothing what so ever to with Intel or raid, the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY is for monitoring voltage, temps and controlling fan speed, etc, the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver is for use with Asus Probe II and Asus AI Booster which by the way already contains the driver needed.

Ok, thanks for the info and as I didn't install either that would be why :beer:

Is the Asus Probe II and Asus AI Booster anygood, at the moment using cpu-z, tat and speedfan and manually overclocking.

Mow,

Back