• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Problems please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prando

Registered
My Rig:
AWD9-MAX
E6400
2Gig Corsair 6400C4
evga geforce 8800 oc
Ninja Cooler + artic 5
Lian Li PC-61
Bios 13

Overclock config:
FSB 376
Vcore 1,44v
MCH 1.65v

When I run prime95 the core temperature goes to 60 and the computer restarts, i've tried bumping the Vcore to 1.45 but with no success. my memmory is running underclocked right now, I am trying to get to 400mhz with no sucess :bang head

Ideas?

CPU-Z Pics

Attachments

• imagem.JPG
    imagem.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
  • imagem2.JPG
    imagem2.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 30
I had to have my MCH at 1.75 in order for 400FSB to work on m AW9D Max.
Also what are you memory timings?

Prando said:
I am using 4-4-4-12-32

give 4-4-4-12-40 ago first.

If that doesnt help then up your cpu and mch volts bit by bit till you get to 1.525 cpu and 1.75 mch with any luck it wont take that much.

If that still doesnt help up date your bios to 13A11 and then try the above again.

Let us know how you get on.

I've tried 4-4-4-12-40 and 1.5v and 1.75mch but I cant even load xp with 400mhz...

I am using the latest bios available with FlashMenu

I am currently running 380/1.5/1.7 but unstable (keeps booting in de middle of the games)

Case temp is 35 degrees stable

Deanzo said:
give 4-4-4-12-40 ago first.

If that doesnt help then up your cpu and mch volts bit by bit till you get to 1.525 cpu and 1.75 mch with any luck it wont take that much.

If that still doesnt help up date your bios to 13A11 and then try the above again.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Download the 13A11 bios, there's a link in this post.

And in the bios, set it to the 1333 strap and try all of the above again.

With any luck that will do it, the next step I would try wouldnt be alot of fun, ie: re-seating the n/b & s/b with as5 etc, at that point you would all so have to ask yourself is it the chip thats holding you back.

The 13A11 bios is the one I used to hit 450X9 and 470X6 (far from stable though)

Any how give that bios ago and let us know.

With the 13a11bios and the 1333strap I have 380mhz stable with 1.45, 1.75 temps are running from 48 to 62 degrees celsius.
I will try to step dow the voltages a little bit later.

Still can't load xp with 400mhz :confused: with the same voltages

My system temp is stable @ 35 degrees

Deanzo said:
Download the 13A11 bios, there's a link in this post.

And in the bios, set it to the 1333 strap and try all of the above again.

With any luck that will do it, the next step I would try wouldnt be alot of fun, ie: re-seating the n/b & s/b with as5 etc, at that point you would all so have to ask yourself is it the chip thats holding you back.

The 13A11 bios is the one I used to hit 450X9 and 470X6 (far from stable though)

Any how give that bios ago and let us know.

Hmm your system should be able to hit 400FSB with no problems. My settings at 400FSB were:

Mem ratio - 1:1 timings 4.4.4.12-35 2.2V
MCH 1.75
VCore 1.375

It seems your Vcore is a little high for 380FSB, I didn't even touch mine untill I hit 2.9Ghz to 1.375. Overvolting your MCH could possibly cause instabilities as well, try lowering it to 1.65-1.70 see what happens.

Have you tried to drop the CUP multiplier down to 8 (from 9)?

8 x 400 = 3200mhz (still a good OC)

I've got the system stable at 380mhz but I have another issue

on stock my temps are 43/61 (ninja plus with AS5) with 380mhz its 47/72, I am using the 120mm fan that came with cooler...

its that right? I used a thick layer of AS5..

Try a very thin layer of as5. I just lay down a smallish dot (grain of rice sized...per recommendations on this forum) in the middle and let the heatsink spread it where it needs to go.

Tomofnnh said:
Have you tried to drop the CUP multiplier down to 8 (from 9)?

8 x 400 = 3200mhz (still a good OC)

Now thats a good idea, it would help to see if its the board or the chip holding you back.

Arctic Silver 5 instructions

Though I prefer to use a thin layer over the BB dot in the middle, try both and see what works best for you.
A thick layer wont be helping
And it sound like you need to re-seat your heatsink anyhow, imo your temps are to high with that cooler.

new re-seating, now 40/55 on stock (thin layer of AS5):)

Lets get back to the OC!

Good news :)

AS5 takes a few days to cure (not sure how else to put it) depending on use, so you should still see it come down by a couple of degrees.

If you get time I'd still be interested to see how you get on with your multiplier set at 8.

My CPU is a 6400 soh I am already running on multiplier 8x...

Hahahaha, you know some time's I make myself laugh.

Sorry mate, make that 7X400 and see if it will boot. dont know why I keep saying 8, maybe coz mine is set to 9 :shrug:

Back