• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Chipset drivers disable USB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

So I just recently updated my bios to 0904 since I think the last bios was somehow killing off my ram (RMA 2 times and now 3rd set was starting to reboot randomly). I decided to go ahead and do a full reinstall.

After installing windows I went ahead and downloaded an updated version of Intel Chipset Drivers and installed it. After it rebooted the usb no longer worked. Even tried to plug the mouse into a PS2 port and it still did not work. I went ahead and reinstalled windows again and installed an older version of the driver that I had saved, which worked with my previous install of windows. Same thing happened.

Now I'm reinstalling for the 3rd time and i'm not sure what is going on.

Edit: Well I found the original P5B disk and used the chipset drivers on there and it worked out fine. I wonder why the newer ones wouldn't work though.

Last edited:
Make sure Legacy USB is turned on, and the USB controller is enabled in the BIOS, and configured to Hispeed.

~ Gos

Yeah I have SP2 installed and the bios settings were correct. I got it to work with the original chipset drivers off the Asus CD.

HiSpeed, Legacy, USB all enabled. USB works just fine all the way up to installing the newer chipset drivers from intel. Actually it works fine after it installs, but stops working after a reboot. Windows for some reason just disables it (my LED lights in my keyboard just turn off as windows loads). Tried plugging in a usb floppy drive and that did not work. Think I tried the newest version and version 8.01 or so.

Back