• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I cancel order? (ram voltage)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wondergimp

Registered
Hey guys,
I just bought 512Mb of Ram so I could get my rig up and running. I was told by a friend that for my mobo (Asus M2N-E) that I should go for Ram in the 1.9v range. The voltage on the Ram is that I just bought is 2.1v. Is the voltage difference enough of a problem to cancel the order? What do you guys think?

That was an occasional issue with performance Ram that lists above 1.8V with some early motherboard BIOSES but it shouldn't be any more.

I would think you would be ok.

I run higher voltage ram on boards that suggest 1.8 at work and we havent had any problems.

Okay, well I'll see how things go then. I'll be sure to let you know if I have problems because of the difference in voltage.

That board will allow you to adjust the Vdimm in the bios to accomodate the RAM. As noted, you should not have any issues booting with the newer RAM but, 2.1v will likely be a good idea for stability.

Back