• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much vDimm for these g.skills pc6400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have a fan directly mounted onto the RAM, I would say go for it (2.5V or so).
You live in Guadalajara. I understand it gets really hot there in the summer months. It's really important that you have the best cooling possible.

those are elpida or promos, they dont respond well to high voltage, seen few people over 1000 with much less than 2.5

your sticks will be short lived

Rattle said:
those are elpida or promos, they dont respond well to high voltage, seen few people over 1000 with much less than 2.5

your sticks will be short lived

yeah, i dont want to buy a fancy memory cooler or go ghetto... ill guess ill shoot for 2.3v if i must and trust my cases airflow

thnx guys

Vento1 said:
That ram uses proMOS and is rated 2.0 to 2.1volts i would see what you get at 2.1 volts.

i cant get it to be stable, i guess i need to add more juice to the CPU. I had to use 1.45 for it to be somewhat stable at 2.8v... is that any much?

i still need to figure out the ceiling of the memory... ill do some memory testing tonight and keep you guys posted

well i went ahead and run 443MHz 5 5 5 15 overnight, i had errors but where only like 3 lines in memtest... thats so weird. I think the cpu was unstable at 2658MHz on stock vCore which is what it was running. I gave it a little more juice so lets see what turns out tonight...

On another issue, Dont you guys find strange 65C on a tuniq tower at just 2800MHz? ive installed much more difficult ones like slk900 and xp120 without any trouble... guess ill hafta check

update: seems NB overheating was the culprit, so i applied AS5 and its a lot cooler right now, ill stick a 40mm fan on top of it anyway.

I also googled for all the advanced mem timings and it does 448MHz stable overnight.. ill retest as soon as the AS5 breaks in and i install the fan...

That setup is coming along nicely, 65C does seem hot for a tuniq have you lapped the bottom a few people here have commented on how the bottom is concave.

yeah, my e6300's IHS was all bent up. Judging by your temps, yours might be pretty level. My load temps were up in the 70's before I lapped my IHS. Lapping will never hurt though. Right now, I'm running a similar set up as yours (P5B-E, the revision with the 2.1v max vDimm unfortunately).

I'm hitting 2.66 right now, at 1.28 vCORE with a ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu for cooling. My temps are similar to yours; 43I 60L, your cooling is much better. It seemed like the only way for me to get 8 hours ORTHOS stable was to run my RAM at 380, and set my timings at 5 6 6 16. If I had your board (or after I do a vDimm mod on this one), I would prolly pour 2.3v into my RAM.

TempliNocturnus said:
yeah, my e6300's IHS was all bent up. Judging by your temps, yours might be pretty level. My load temps were up in the 70's before I lapped my IHS. Lapping will never hurt though. Right now, I'm running a similar set up as yours (P5B-E, the revision with the 2.1v max vDimm unfortunately).

I'm hitting 2.66 right now, at 1.28 vCORE with a ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu for cooling. My temps are similar to yours; 43I 60L, your cooling is much better. It seemed like the only way for me to get 8 hours ORTHOS stable was to run my RAM at 380, and set my timings at 5 6 6 16. If I had your board (or after I do a vDimm mod on this one), I would prolly pour 2.3v into my RAM.

ill give it a shot, but it looks like ive hit a wall at 500MHz with this damn board... i set the multi to 6 so the cpu gets ruled out and no matter how much vDimm, FSB Termination voltage or vNB i feed it up it wont post.

Seeing how jumpy my temps are im starting to be skeptic on wether people get the real temp of their cpus... i installed speedfan and it reports cpus 27C idle and when i run orthos BAM!!! 60C in 2 seconds.... Im no expert but that looks like a bit weird

Back