• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"David's Micro Bong"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
very interesting. I don't think I'd ever rely on something like this for 24/7 use since it constantly needs the res. refilled, but for quick tests and benchmarks, it is definitely worth a look.

splat said:
very interesting. I don't think I'd ever rely on something like this for 24/7 use since it constantly needs the res. refilled, but for quick tests and benchmarks, it is definitely worth a look.

Yeah the refilling can be a problem, I'm sure it's a bigger problem w/ the small size (smaller res.).

Another problem, which I guess also depends on size, is the humidity it outputs.

Dude. you could engineer a fill thingy....a 5 gal bucket and a valve, sorta like a toilet....(just random quick idea, theres a million ways to do it)...I think I'm gonna do something like that someday.
OK, water distribution Idea. Anyone ever seen a pesticide sprayer? Ever seen a home-made one? My dad built one. They have nozzles that make a mist and spray out and such. Here:
http://elkhorn.unl.edu/epublic/live/g955/build/graphics/g955-1.jpg
http://paa.osu.edu/chemical application technology/equipment.htm
I didnt read the second one, just good pics.

Ever been to the grocery store when they were spraying the veggies and such (mostly automatic ones)...
Anyway, for this application, it may need very little air-flow, maybe just a 'vent'.....no fan.

dz_jad said:
Dude. you could engineer a fill thingy....a 5 gal bucket and a valve, sorta like a toilet....(just random quick idea, theres a million ways to do it)...I think I'm gonna do something like that someday.
OK, water distribution Idea. Anyone ever seen a pesticide sprayer? Ever seen a home-made one? My dad built one. They have nozzles that make a mist and spray out and such. Here:
http://elkhorn.unl.edu/epublic/live/g955/build/graphics/g955-1.jpg
http://paa.osu.edu/chemical application technology/equipment.htm
I didnt read the second one, just good pics.

Ever been to the grocery store when they were spraying the veggies and such (mostly automatic ones)...
Anyway, for this application, it may need very little air-flow, maybe just a 'vent'.....no fan.

Do you know bong cooling very well dz_jad?
Your right about the little air flow thing, some people don't even put fans on their bongs, they use the flow of air that the chimney creates. It makes less evaporation, but it's still damn good.

And yes, people have actually used toilet mechanism to refill the resovoir. It's a cool idea.

I was thinking about the loss of coolant and thought instead of just having a straight tube at the top of the shower head place a bend to direct the tube downwards towards the reservoir.

Vento1 said:
I was thinking about the loss of coolant and thought instead of just having a straight tube at the top of the shower head place a bend to direct the tube downwards towards the reservoir.

The more coolant (water) you lose the less effect the cooling will have.

Regular old wc for me. I can see this catching on though so I'll have to buy stock in "Hookah Cooled" PC window stickers. ;P

Hmmm, what about putting a lid over the top of the bong, raised about an inch or so off, and then have a catch basin on the bottom of the bong, so that after the steam condenses back into water on the top of the bong, it flows down to the catchbasin, and then back into the bong?

Similiar to the Windtraps in Dune.

This would allow the steam to condense naturally outside of the bong system, and refill the water level, thus providing for a (somewhat) longer lifespan of the reservoir.

This bong does not produce steam so no need to condense it , it is producing very small water droplets from the shower head these are then being carried in the air stream that this thing creates.

Back