• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDRV18 Fail?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blaholdings

Registered
I have a new system based on a Gigabyte DS3 and I'm trying to figure out the right OC settings. For some reason my system is rebooting even though the CPU and environment temperatures and voltages are fine. When I enter bios after one of these reboots my MB's health monitor is saying my DDRV18 (whatever that is) is failing.

The defaults for my MB are:

Timing @ 5-5-5-15
Mem @ 800
MemV @ 1.8V

My settings that cause this to happen are:

Timing: 4-4-3-8
Mem @ 833
MemV = +.4v or +.5v

Here are the specs on my memory

Brand: SUPER TALENT
Model: T800UX2GC4
Type: 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Capacity: 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed: DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency: 4
Timing: 4-4-3-8
Voltage: 2.2V]

According to mem specs I should be running it standard w/ +.4v (1.8+.4 = 2.2) and reviews on the mem say it should be able to easily handle up to 1000mhz. Any idea why I'm getting this DDRV16 = Fail?

Could it be my PSU isn't putting out enough power? (currently 550w)

It probably feels that you're overvolting the memory since you're not using the memory speed as defined by the SPD chip.

Moto7451 said:
It probably feels that you're overvolting the memory since you're not using the memory speed as defined by the SPD chip.

SPD chip?

Little flash chip on the memory that states what the timings, voltage, etc are supposed to be by default.

Moto7451 said:
Little flash chip on the memory that states what the timings, voltage, etc are supposed to be by default.

If that is something on the memory itself, why would it feel like I'm overvolting if it is specced @ 2.2V in the first place?

Back