• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comparing Corsair v. A-DATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would go corsair since the price isnt that far apart and Corsair is a quality brand.

Either one is fine. I would choose the ADATA because it's cheaper. ADATA is pretty good quality. Pretty popular in other country. Somewhat new is US.

i heard around that a-data had some problems with some 965 boards? dont know if that is true and im not sure if its 667 or 800 ram.

Well, it seems to me that most of the reviews mentioning the 965 boards are not having any trouble with A-DATA, so I'm inclined to go with them and save a little money.

I just received that A-DATA memory along with a Gigabyte 965p-s3 (rev. 1)and E4300 from Newegg. Googling I found that some ppl have had problems with A-DATA and Gigabyte. Ut-oh..... I am hoping that was with older Bios and it will work out. Also was hoping for a newer revision board but oh well. We will see how A-DATA works with my 965 board. This is going to be an adventure as it is my first build and soon to be first overclocking attempt.

Sorry about the delay posting back. The A-DATA memory posted fine on my board at first boot and no problems since then. Also passed memtest+ no problems. I have not tried to overclock it as I am new at this and having fun with the FSB on my E4300 at the moment with stock settings. How are you doing with this memory bluenotebacker?

I run oem Adata PC6400. Right now it is at 840mhz at stock voltage if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
The A-Data also has a lifetime warranty. I have no idea how good they are honoring their warranties though.

Their support is horrible and many sticks arrived to me DOA. I finally got a working pair and when these go, they'll be replaced with ANY other manufacturer.

I would go with the Corsair. I always recommend Corsair. A-data sounds like a generic brand to me. I don't really know, but I do like the Corsair.

OH and lifetime warranty is only as good as the company offering it. If the company goes out of business, good luck with that warranty.

A-Data has become the second largest dram [SIZE=-1]manufacturer[/SIZE] in the world in the 5-6 years they have been in business LOL

Back