• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know great ddr2 800 that is overclockable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

Well I thought i had my RAM all picked out, but with further research I read that what i intended to get, Crucial Ballistix - ddr2 800, had to be tweaked a lot to get a good setting. being im a noob when it comes to building comps, I want some fast RAM that will work right outta of the box but I also want to be able to overclock it later.

Any help would be great

agree with dfonda, those firestix are great for the money. they are d9's tho, same thing as the ballistix you picked originally.

i'm not sure where you read that they had to be tweaked a lot, but they should be no different than any other d9 memory, and its not hard to tweak. you would mind you, have a lot more OPTIONS to tweak, if you wanted too.

with d9's, you can lower your timings further than with any other kind of ram (except higher rated d9 memory), but it you just want to set them for 500mhz, 4-4-4-12, with 2.3v, then its easy.

the ddr2 800 firestix are better, i had both
could be my gskills werent that great and my firestix are great though not sure

According to NewEgg the Firesticks have been discontinued,I just sent mine in for RMA and got a message that I would get a refund since they have been discontinued,so I am looking for something as good or better..

We will see how long they keep them up(on the egg)

I wonder if their not tired of Buffalo not being able to supply enough of them, low profit margin or to much competition for their expensive stuff, or a combination of the three.

Anyway here is the buffalo site to get them and they do take Backorders.Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc. :: Memory Products :: DDR2 DIMMs :: Buffalo FireStix DDR2 DIMM 2GB KIT, 240 Pin PC2-6400 Unbuffered x64 Non ECC, CL5

PS: Rattle recommended these to me.... so Rattle gets the credit.

wow, those g.skills have gotten cheap. i liked mine, while they lasted..

teamgoup 667's like mine are only $270 now.

i was looking at firestix earlier

im pretty sure there d9's which is good

i gotta check what the others are

Back