• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so I have a ram overclocking question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
xtreme_ego said:
im running a 1:1 divider at 400ghz

OMFG 400ghz?!

But seriously, the ram may not be stable over stock speed. Some ram just doesn't overclock that well. What happens over 400mhz? Have you run memtest? Have you tried looser timings? more voltage? 1T or 2T?

it seemes that the issue with my ram was my cpu. needed to up the voltage and i hit 420mhz but meh need better ram it failed out hard while gamming....

If you are still at a 1:1 and crashed at 420mhz, it is probably not the RAM as that is only a 20mhz OC on that RAM. That's 154mhz OC on the CPU and it is likely the CPU that is topping out. Make sure your RAM voltage is at 2.1v and that the timings are set manually to 4,4,4,12.

ok tested and im at 3.7ghz on my e66 at 412mhz ram clock. yea it me being reluctant to give juice to my processor thats the issue..... haha

Back