• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM SPEED PROBLEM!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

i have 1Gb of DDR2 667 which should run at 333Mhz but it is only running at 200Mhz (says cpuz)...i have looked in the BIOS and it is set to 667. any help would be much apreciated.

cpuz1.gif

cpuz2.gif

Is is anything to do with the fact that my fsb runs at 200Mhz?

yeah thats effective speed cos its DDR but its not running at that its running at 200/400! its all default.

Sam__ said:
i have looked in the BIOS and it is set to 667.
If you really did set the divider to 667 in bios then the only explanation is that your dividers aren't working as they should.

in the bois it gives me the ram speed option i chose DDR1 667 (333Mhz) but then when i run cpuz it tells me its running at 200Mhz. what is a divider?

iv checked the BIOS and it says im running 667/333 which is right but then cpuz still says its running at 400/200?? which do i believe and is there any test i can do to definately say what the speed is?

Also, make sure your running the most current, stable BIOS for your board... if your not, perhaps a newer BIOS fixed the problem, only way to know for sure without trying it... is checking the changelog if there is one.

~ Gos

iv got the latest bios installed and i changed the speed in the BIOS but cpu-z still comes up with 200Mhz?? WTF.are there any other programs that can tell me the spees and latencies of the RAM?

its only DDR2...i used to have DDR1 but i took it all out...btw my mobo can take both if u were wonderin

I'm just wondering how the dividers work for a CPU that has a native clock of 200MHz when you're setting DDR2 memory speeds like 667 MHz?

For my DFI board, the frequencies listed under the RAM speed isn't the actual speed, it's the divider you set it to. For example, for 667mhz RAM, the 533mhz option in BIOS makes it a 1:1 ratio :)

Sam, try choosing other frequencies. The worst that could happen is you need to clear the CMOS (unless this is one of those... reeeeeeeal bad days...)

i set it to 533 and cpuz still says 200Mhz....im confused lol is it sumit to do with my fsb only running at 200Mhz?

Back