• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered G.Skill 6400PHU2-2GBHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryk3r

Hi everyone,

Just ordered kit: G.SKILL(2x1GB)DDR2(6400)/F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with the MB, CPU, memory..Good, Bad....OC settings.

good decision!
personnaly i havent used this brand but ive heard great stuff from the company and thier ooverclockability i do think that they have micron d9 chips not 100% sure but i think this means they should oc verry good and it comes with lifetime warranty

btw please tell us how they do in ur setup=)

i also ordered some today. overnighted them, should have them to play with tomorrow. they got great reviews by the newegg crowd.

I'm running my E6400 at 400*8 with a 4:5 divider for DDR1000 with 4-4-4-6-4-42-4-10-6-10 timings @ 2.3v. That's error-free after 47 passes through Memtest86+ v1.70 tests 1-8, 129 passes through test 5 and 24 hours Orthos Blend test, no errors, no warnings.

I'm happy with my G.SKILL HZs!

Attachments

• Orthos Stable Idle resized.jpg
    Orthos Stable Idle resized.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 137
lekyiscool said:
reallly did u ever get ur money back man that sucks

Nothing yet first they insisted that it wasnt lost just delayed after 15 days they class it as lost then they start an ivestigation to see what happend which is where i am at the moment waiting for the investigation to finish.

Rattle said:
mine did 1066 was happy with them...

I'm playing with a new OC. 425*8 with a 4:5 divider for DDR 1063 @ the same timings (4-4-4-6-4-42-4-10-6-10). I had to up the vdimm to 2.35 and set FSB Term to 1.4, NB to 1.55, SB to 1.6 and I upped ICH to the max setting. Not sure if I needed to up SB & ICH. I might back it down and try. If anyone has opinions or suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. Of course I'll eventually figure it out on my own through trial, testing and error!

Made it through 10 passes of Memtest tests 5 & 6. I'll play with the voltages a bit more (maybe I can get them lower, though it seems like it WANTS 1.55 NB) then let it loop through Memtest for a good stretch.

With the FSB Term, NB, SB & ICH at auto, I couldn't make it through one pass of either of these tests even after trying 4-5-4-12-6-42-10-10-10-10 timings, even with vdimm @ 2.40v.

I'm a n00b at all this, so I'll gladly listen to any and all input.

EDIT: I don't think I have to worry about my NB temp? I'm not even sure how to measure it! I know ASUS PC Probe says my MB temp is 31C. I did peel the cover off the NB sink and I have a SI-128 with a 125 CFM fan blowing down on it. I think the NB should be okay?

Last edited:
sometimes the mobo doesnt like 4:5's unfortunately..

NB temps on this mobo arent bad if you have good case flow, i run the mobo with stock cooling and AS5. I can do 515+ with 1.55 on the NB and it doesnt get very hot.

Back