• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bought cheap supertalent, now what cpu/mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sigpop

noob here.

i bought 4GB of the cheap supertalent 667 T6UB1GC5 from ewiz when it was selling for about $60/gb.

can anybody recommed a mobo/cpu to go with it? i know it's cheap ram, but i was hoping to do a bit of overclocking with it anyhow. i was looking at the DS3 and like it except it's missing 1394 (i have a sep card anyhow). and apparently you want rev 3.3. i don't want a super expensive mobo since the ram isn't expensive.

i'm patient enough to wait until the intel price drops come in april. i haven't read up enough to decide what processor with multipler is best for this ram. i'm curious how something like 6320 will stack up against 4300, 6300 and 6600.

i don't do much gaming now. mostly use the box for some programming and multimedia. i'm not looking for a huge o/c (no extreme stuff nor water cooling), but i always like to get something for nothing.

thx.

i don't mind adding some cooling to the NB, but it has to be relatively quiet. i'll trade speed for a quieter system.

i saw a pretty cheap cpu cooler about a month ago. i'm not into how my system looks--its going under the desk. it wasnt more than $20 and got decent reviews. if i recall. i'll try to find that one again.

The H/S i got was $27.99 Thermaltake TMG i1 and its totally quite fan never run faster than 1300 rpm.And the northbridge cooler have is quite also .Its the evercool VC-RE

Back