• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking G.Skill DDR400 on DFI RS482

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adamwhiles

I have overclocked my cpu to 2.4ghz from 2.0ghz now i'm wanting to go for my ram. I have never overclocked ram before. I have the GENIE bios on a DFI board, below are my system specs. I have read some guides but nothing really helpful. There are just alot of settings for the ram and I don't know which ones to change.

Motherboard - DFI RS482 INFINITY
CPU - AMD 939 Athlon 64 3200 Winchester
RAM - G.Skill PC3200 DDR400 1GB w/ Heat Spreader
Cas latency: 2.5
Timings: 2.5-3-3-6
Voltage: 2.6V - 2.75V
GPU - Saphire PCIE X1050 256MB
PSU - 380w Rosewill Power Supply

I'm just looking for a little help with this not necessarily someone to do it for me you know. Anyways, thanks for anyhelp you can give.

-Adam

I would say don't worry about all the little setting to start with. Just loosen up the timings and see how far it will go. When you hit a wall, just give it a bit more voltage and see if that helps. Can the Infinity post to memtest86? I know my Ultra-D can. Either way you'll want to make sure it passes a full loop of memtest86 before loading windows. If you still aren't satisified there are guide outlining all the memory settings, but it's pretty complex.

thanks for the reply. where i get lost is what settings are the timings in the bios? I get confused because i don't know which ones to change. Everything is currently set to auto or default. maybe a little help into how the genie bios identifies the timing would help me out. thanks alot.

That's a great board. IDK how much you can clock that memory, but the board will NOT be what's holding you back on the overclock. You may also consider getting yourself a better Power Supply, since I've had a few Rosewills go bad on me in the past.

Back