• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hardcore cooling pc3200 512mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greyharte

anybody know anything about this memory?

i have at my disposal 4 modules of hardcore cooling 512 mb pc3200 cas 2.0 memory (2gb) ... they have some heavy polished copper heat spreaders and p/n hcc4005122 marked on em .. im reluctant to pull the spreaders to determine the modules underneath and the company seems to have disappeared

im mainly wondering what voltage they are rated for since i modded my mb for 2.85v and dont want to have to undo the mod if i dont have to

Pulling the heat spreaders is probably your best option really, if the company is MIA its not like your going to ruin a waranty, and unless they're cemented onto the ram you shouldnt hurt anything taking them off. Knowing what chips are on the modules (which can vary substantially even on one manufacturers product) is going to be the best indication of what to do with the ram.

well what i can say is they arent epoxied ... they do however have the adhesive backings and i dont want to rip the chips off the pcb ... but i may have to get over it ... lol

Unless your name is magnus ver magnuson or sven svenderson or something like that I doubt you'll manage to pop the chips off before the frag tape gives. You could always toss one in the freezer for a few hours, it may pop off pretty easily after that.

okies .... i guess i'll brave it and see what happens ... ironically ... my step son's name is magnus ... lol

Back