• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.M.A with crucial. experiences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

Hi i have just rma'd my crucial ballistix pc6400 1gb kit to crucial due to memtest freezes what are your experiences of the procedure with crucial as i dont know how long i might be waiting before i see my ram again and i am eager to push my e6300 and p5w dh past 400 fsb

I am really hoping it is indeed the ram holding me back and not my cheap ezcool 600w psu which i know may be a possibility but i dont want to spend £90 on new psu before i try the ram

also is there a way to test my psu specifically?

I've RMA'd 2 times now and they've been pretty good about it. I have been doing cross-ship, but they charge your card around $430. When sending back the broken memory they refund it usually within a week after receiving it. So I would figure within a week after they receive it for them to send out another pair for you. 2-3 days -> 7 days -> 2-3 days so 10-14 days of wait time.

I've done two as well and had no problems. Mailed one out yesterday, as a matter of fact.

They even do cross-ship with 3rd party purchases now, which they didn't offer the first time I went through them.

Call instead of emailing them though. It'll take a couple of days, rather than a few minutes, to get it set up.

with failed module == smooth
with incompatible module (too dense I needed 2x the chips on the memory) == smooth for refund (also found a Kingston thats OK for my board.)
They did send me a standard email with all the things that id tried except raise the voltage (because I can't)

Well its been 4 days now and cold turkey is setting in i have borrowed 1gb of geil low cas ddr2 6400 off my brother in law and for the time being i am back down to stock on E6300. Cant wait to get my ram back so i can get back in to the oc game comp feels sloooow now compared to how it was running.

Back