• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding More Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mustanghull

Registered
I currently have 2x512mb of PQI Turbo ram. Its timings are 2-2-2-5. I just installed another set of 2x512mb PQI Turbo. The only difference is the timings, this new set is 2.5-3-3-7. Would this be causing any conflicts?

Ever since I installed the new RAM a few of my games, Company of Heroes and Battlefield, are causing my computer to freeze up about 20 seconds after the intro movies are played. I am usually on the server browsers and the computer freezes up and I have to do a hard reboot. Other games work fine, such as CS:S and Lord of the Rings Online and I do notice the difference that the added ram provides.

Any ideas on what could be causing these problems? Any settings I need to change in my BIOS to get the ram to work together? Or how about where the RAM is located? I have the older ram in slots 1 and 3, and the new ram in slots 2 and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you still running your RAM at 2-2-2-5? What is the recommended voltage for both sets? The frequency is the same, I assume? Could be alot of things :) Probably going to need some specifics for someone to help you.

Both sets are PC3200. Both have 2.6v.

According to the memory tab on CPUZ the frequency is 167.5 mhz and the timings are 2.5-3-3-6.

What do you mean am I still running at 2-2-2-5. I thought it would automatically run at the slower timings.

Back