• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Twinx 3200 running at 240mhz ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X2NotGood

Registered
Im a bit mystified.

When I built my Neo4 rig, with a 3000 AMD chip, I had a lot of trouble getting the memory , dual chan twinx cmx512-3200c2, to run at even a bit over 200mhz.

So Ive been running it at 166 divider at around 200mhz.

Now in fooling around with adding a dual core (another horror story) I accidentally ran the memory at 1:1 or 240 Mhz.

This at only 2.65 volts (stock voltage?)
Cas 2.5 3 3 8 (not 100% sure about the last 3 but it was 2.5)
Cpu OC to 240 fsb X 9 multi (am going to bump this up )

Now the only thing I did was upgade the boards bios to ver 1.d, but isn't that a fairly high memory overclock for this??? No way it would work last time I tried it. Im back using the 3000 single core.

I did some prime95 testing and no errors. Modules also seem cool to the touch.

So whats the story , am I dreaming or is this normal performance?

Last edited:
Gunlance said:
I had a pair of corsair twinx ram that went up to 265mhz. SO maybe they are burned in and ready to get going?

Could be. Still having problems o/c the cpu though. Shoud be able to get 260+ with a 166 mem divider but its not booting that way.

MSI Neo4 Plat board.

Best I can do is 240 HTT with a 200 (1:1) mem divider, which gives me very fast memory but slow cpu. Possible the faster memory is a good tradeoff, not sure.

Back