• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Memory for 939 DDR? 2 gig sets.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweak486Dx2

Looking to upgrade from my fanstastic BH-5 which runs at 250-2-2-2-5 @3.4 2x512.

2 gigs is becoming the standard and im feelling it in all my games. Problem is Im out of the loop on memory and whats the best memory for timings and high Mhz.

Looking to spend no more than 190$. Gonna stick with DDR also, no DDR2.

Do u guys think I should look for another set of Bh-5 to go with?? Or upgrade to 2x1gb.

Also not going to be running a booster at all anymore. Simply mobo supplied Vdimm.

So whats the best low timing/high speed memory out right now????

Hmmm, I'm runnin a 2gig set of OCZ PC4000 Platinums. @ 250 1:1 but default timings of 3-2-3-8 and 2.7v I luv it. Scored something like 7250 in sandra membench.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148018

I remember these in the past, people always rave about them however they were rare and a rip off back then

These sticks have excellent reviews and consider the top but cannot be rewarded the best because it was so rare.

I am not so sure if these new batches still use Micron chips

When DDR2 is now affordable and cheap, these sticks are now a common sight and cost $50 less than in the past even though they are DDR. I think it's worth a try if you really want it.

Back