• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice on adding ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont see any probs with doing that the only thing is you may have a harder time to oc with 4 sticks instead of 2 which os are you using.

Get to 100 posts and you can sell them in the clasifieds here. But i dont think you will need to your rig should run fine with 3 gig of memory.

The basic rule of thumb to keep in mind when considering the number of memory modules to use on a typical performance motherboard (4 ram slots, 2 channels) is that it is harder to achieve as high an overclock when running 4 modules versus 2 modules. If you can, I'd suggest you go with a 2 x 1 GB setup, dual channel, and leave the other two slots alone. The reasons for this involve the technicalities of the chipset having to keep track of 4 discret memory modules instead of just 2.

So I need to get 100 posts to sell my ram here, if it dosent run with 3 gigs.:beer:

/100 posts

Only thing is I don't see a link to classifieds?

reboot said:
So I need to get 100 posts to sell my ram here, if it dosent run with 3 gigs.:beer:

/100 posts

Only thing is I don't see a link to classifieds?

You need 101 posts and your ISP/ or EDU/ or GOV email listed in your profile.

Thx guys, got the new ram and its running orthos with 3 gigs atm. I'm a little confused about this: if it ends up stable then its better then just running 2 gigs, or is the extra load on the chipset going to slow things down?

edit / stable at 3 gigs with out changing anything else :)

Last edited:
Back