• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Gold PC4000 or Crucial Ballistix PC4000 (2gb kits)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeAd_Poisoning

Which would you people recommend. Generally from reviews the OCZ can achieve lower latencies than the crucial but the crucial can attain higher frequencies than the OCZ. Which would people recommend for gaming performance? Note they are roughly the same price

there are a lot of people out there that will vote for the ballistix. great ram, kinda hard to find at times but really great.

I vote for the Ballistix, I've had problems with the Gold series....

All the game and 3D benches seem to suggest that low latency is best for gaming performance over memory bandwidth. I also had a single ballistix pc4000 1gb strip die on me just now aswell so im not too sure about going for another kit. Bear in mind im running a 939 Opteron 165 and not a conroe, ive read that 939's perform best at low latencies whereas Intels are a mix of both.

Back