• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

obsolete product for RMA, what to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

So I sent in some corsair xms twinx2048-4000pt ram back in january and I just got confirmation that they received it. Woo! I have since bought some gskill ddr500 ram that works great with my expert. So what to do?

1. Exchange for the 3200C2 or 3200C2PRO series
2. Upgrade to the DDR2 platform (6400C4 series)
3. Issue a refund based on your original invoice

Those are the options they gave me. Bought originally for $225. So what, oh what, should I do? I wonder if they would give me two gigs of 6400C4? I think it would be most advantageous to get my 225 bucks back seeing as I don't have any use for any other ram right now.

i think i'd go for the refund since you don't need any ram. Upgrading to ddr2 platform won't get you that much of a gain. Unless you do a complete rebuild.

I'd take the money. They're not going to give you an amount of memory back based on what you returned...only a monetary amount equal to.

Jon said:
I'd take the money. They're not going to give you an amount of memory back based on what you returned...only a monetary amount equal to.

but they did say based on your original invoice. I don't know. I have not done this before obviously. I am hoping I get an email back from them today. (hopeful thinking for a 1 day turnaround in an rma email)

Back