• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RHARLE10

Hi all i recently experienced some major problems when my pc was locking up and kept getting the blue screen of death whenever i ran more than 2 or 3 programs at once or tried to do too much. I was getting things like BAD_MMPOOL etc amongst about another 3 or 4 problems. I figured out it was the memory so i banged some old school PC2700 333mhz memory in and no problems whatsoever, thing is the pc is running slow because of this memory and i`m just wondering what kind of ram is recommended for an AMD Athlon 3.8x2 dual core?

I have also been having problems at startup sometimes it comes up the cpu etc at start but nothing else comes up like the memory, drives etc and it doesn`t get to the windows load up screen so i need to just turn it off and on and it works and another problem was my ASUS A8N SLI the bios was saying at the start my CPU or CHIP fan was running too low or damaged, now i checked the inside of the pc whilst it ran and it was fine no restrictions, i also checked the temps using ASUS Probe and SI SOFT SANDRA and the temps for cpu were 35 and motherboard was about 35 degrees C so both ok i think, i wonder if this is a motherboard fault so i just turned off the warning so it doesn`t interupt my startup i`ve had it disabled now for the last 4 weeks and temps seem fine. Hope i`m not tempting fate :p thx

memtest86+ is a start. Make the bootable CDRom and run some tests. #5 is a good one but all of them will give you some idea of what's up. If the memory is bad, this will tell you.

What power supply (make and model as well as wattage)? PSU problems can do many different things to you.

What video card do you have (make and model)? Any OC on either video card or CPU?

The fan too slow may or may not be an issue. Run the computer with the cover off and see if the fans are spinning slow or not.

lol don`t mean to be rude m8 but did u read my post :p

i said "ASUS A8N SLI the bios was saying at the start my CPU or CHIP fan was running too low or damaged, now i checked the inside of the pc whilst it ran and it was fine no restrictions"

and my PSU/GFX card etc is in my sig hehehe

Back