• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x1gb wintec stability problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tdamocles

I just installed a wintec ampo 2x1gb pc3200 kit in my 9nda3+ and I can't seem to get it to pass the first test in memtest at dd400. I'm running an opteron 165 dual core. With both sticks in the sticks fail at the first test. If I individually test each they pass memtest. Doesn't matter which slot they are in. Is the cpu limiting me or is it the motherboard?

tux08902 said:
Can you post your CPU timings? What RAM slots are you using? Are you sure they are the dual channel slots?

cpu had a multiplier of 9. HTT was at 200mhz. Ram was running 1:1(ddr400). Ram voltage @ 2.6 ,2.7 ,2.8. Ram had 3,3,3,8 timings. All other timings I loosened. I first tried the two closest to the cpu and than the other two with the same result.

The ram seem to be micron with 46v64m8 and a -5b d at the bottom right of the chip if this helps. Can this ram take more than 2.8 volts?

Back