• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512 megs in Abit SH6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bob_Sherrill

Registered
Hey guys, I just plugged in two sticks of Kingmax 256meg memory into banks 0 and 1. When it posts it shows memory in 0 and 1 but says I only have 256meg total. Am I missing something?

Try taking out one of the sticks of memory and see what it says then, you may have two sicks of 128 mb

Problem solved. I reseated the second stick and hey how I have 512 meg of 150Mhz Kingmax Tiny BGA ram.. now I can search for a new processor. Thinking the PIII 1000EB

BOB,

Nice mobo! I read in the sh6 manual if the ram isnt in bank 1 and 2 it will report it wrong.

I had a hard time finding a Sh6 in stock and bought mine from Skip.....

Skip always has some helluva good deals in the F/S F/T section here.

Hey if you get the PIII 1gig EB we will have a very similiar setup although my PIII 1 gig wont go over 155mhz but its a cr@p shoot when you buy CPU's

I heard ENPC sells PIII's that apparently have overclocked substantially higher than mine.

Back