• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on getting ram for my board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

octavious

Registered
Hi,

Sorry for posting in motherboard section but I'm posting here for additional help. Due to lack of funds I can not upgrade the motherboard or processor, but I can upgrade the ram.

Here's what I have:
P4P800 dlx bios (1019) w/ 2.4c HT Intel
2x 512 corsair 3700.

Edited:

I was wondering if it is possible to mix 2x 1gig ram with 2x 512 meg sticks of ram. As you see I have Corsair cmx512-3700 running at ddr400 not ddr466. I opened cpu-z and have the following timings: 3-4-4-7. The frequency is 200.5 mhz and it's also doing 1:1. Since this ram is running at 400, am I able to run 2gigs (1 gig ea stick) w/ the corsair? Not looking at overclocking, just adding more ram. Money is a current issue.

Any help is appreciated....

Last edited:
Yes, you can add a 2x1gb kit without a problem. Is there a particular reason you need 3gb (like Vista)? I have 2gb 4x512mb in both my systems & have no problems with that much ram. I was even running Vista Beta for 6 monthes on 2gb. Adding another 2x512mb would cost a lot less too.

I've changed my mind about the ram for this particular motherboard. I'll save up for a whole new system. Looking at dual core or dual processor boards. Probably this next fall I'll start the buying process.

Back