• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my tj07 build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

ok, so I got a quad and decided to go back to watercooling, decided on a tj-07 case with thermochill 120.3 rad, a apogee gtx, 2 mcw 60's to cool the gts's, a mcp355/petra top, and a swiftech microres,

S5300055.jpg

started by mounting the rad in the base, using the existing holes in the base of the rad

S5300048.jpg

kept the pump in the bottom as well

S5300052.jpg

S5300049.jpg

S5300050.jpg

S5300051.jpg

S5300053.jpg

what do you guys think?

lol, same here ink....im trying to talk myself into spending the extra cheddar for a tj07 or lian li v2000b

yeah, I got this one off ebay for 150, lol, I was about to buy a mountain mods for the retail on this one and decided to look into a tj07 first

I see they even have a mid-tower version of this case with a window on the side. :drool: You think mounting like a BIXII or a MCR220 at the top would be a problem?

it's definatly doable, but will get in the way of the mb possibly, I may swap out the top fans and add a window to the top and side

Ya I'm with you Rattle, definitely gonna hold off on one of those quads. Those temps just make me cringe. Hopefully the 45nm cores do better. :)

toddm27 said:
well my temps aren't anywhere near where I thought they'd be, but with [email protected] and all 4 cores running prime for close to an hour temps are about 70c in coretemp, idle I'm in the mid to low 40's
I was more interested in temps of graphic cards. Pretty much I knew that overclocked quad will run hot.

ahh well one of them runs around 37-38 idle, while the other is around 46-47 idle, only thing I can think of is it's got a horrible ihs mount, I havn't gotten around to loaded temps, should be able to get a good idea tomorrow night

edit: and btw the cooler one is right after the quad, go figure

inkfx said:
Ya I'm with you Rattle, definitely gonna hold off on one of those quads. Those temps just make me cringe. Hopefully the 45nm cores do better. :)
They might but then again a user may want to run higher speed. Tod could downclock to 3.0 and see lower temps but he wants to blaze through glory of speed.

meionm said:
They might but then again a user may want to run higher speed. Todd could downclock to 3.0 and see lower temps but he wants to blaze through glory of speed.
like that's gonna happen, :p
I'm already regretting selling my phase, wa77s is starting to look really good

meionm said:
I was more interested in temps of graphic cards. Pretty much I knew that overclocked quad will run hot.
ok, video card temps are around 40c on both cards, once I looked the right location, and under load raise 3c max under gaming and 3dmark:beer:

Back