• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need your expert opinion on Thermaltake CL- W0077

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treatmentx

I'm obviously very n00b to this whole scene, but I'm looking to upgrade my current air-cooled rig to WC level.

I'm currently running ASUS P5N32E-SLI 680i, E6700 with a Zalman 9700, easily over 3.4GHZ, but with temps of 50-53C (NB temp remains 42-44C).

I'm really just looking into WC to maintain a decent OC with noise reduction. The WC setup I'm looking at is this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106094

I respect any of your expert opinions please and any advice would be appreciated.

my suggestion is learn the basics of water cooling, ie. learn about blocks, tubing, pumps, radiators, etc; and learn the theory behind them. that way, when you are piecing a kit together, it will help out a lot.

Kasso said:
my suggestion is learn the basics of water cooling, ie. learn about blocks, tubing, pumps, radiators, etc; and learn the theory behind them. that way, when you are piecing a kit together, it will help out a lot.

I think I understand the basics, the theory behind it, and why people use it. I'm just looking for something simple, doesn't have to be "the best." I have a feeling this WC setup is better than my current Zalman, and gets it done quieter.

But the opinions of this particular kit ??

QuietIce said:
IMO: Over-priced.

A custom set-up will fair much better if you can do ANY kind of DIY work ...

And if price was not an issue... ?

Check out the monthly round up thread .
Since $$ is no issue I would get a apogee gt / PA 120.3 rad / D5 Pump / ( I dont know the GFX card you have) but that would be a way better setup than the TT one . Check out this site , the ppl are helpfull as well http://www.petrastechshop.com/

||Console|| said:
Check out the monthly round up thread .
Since $$ is no issue I would get a apogee gt / PA 120.3 rad / D5 Pump / ( I dont know the GFX card you have) but that would be a way better setup than the TT one . Check out this site , the ppl are helpfull as well http://www.petrastechshop.com/

Oooh good stuff.

How come it seems like no one is a fan of this model? It kinda sits away from the computer and all ???

PPl arent a fan of them because it is like buying a Rice burner when you can have a v8 =)
(also TT doesnt have the best name as far as cooling goes , for air Thermal right is way better and for water every thing is better TT makes the cheep h20 systems that dont profrom much better than air )
The Pa rad is very nice ( I wish I would have spent the extra on it when I got my stuff ) you dont have to use as high CFM fans as you do on other rads( MINE) . The apogee gt is a very Nice Wb and is doing a good job on c2d's .

What GFX card do you have

||Console|| said:
PPl arent a fan of them because it is like buying a Rice burner when you can have a v8 =)
(also TT doesnt have the best name as far as cooling goes , for air Thermal right is way better and for water every thing is better TT makes the cheep h20 systems that dont profrom much better than air )
The Pa rad is very nice ( I wish I would have spent the extra on it when I got my stuff ) you dont have to use as high CFM fans as you do on other rads( MINE) . The apogee gt is a very Nice Wb and is doing a good job on c2d's .

What GFX card do you have

Nice advice lol, esp like the analogy to Rice burner.

I'm really looking to silent the whole thing while still cooling it enough at a modest 3.5ish for a E6700. I'm running a single XFX 8800GTX XXX. As you may know, the 8900/8950 is coming out in 30-60 days from now, if anything I'll do the step up program into that before I water block it (or is there a way to remove stock cooler/put WB/remove WB/put back stock, and still get away with it?)

So it sounds like everyone is pointing at the Apogee ??? The reason being it does a better job at cooling? what about sound?

If you plan on doing the stepup program I would leave the stock hsf on for now as there is a difference between the GTS and the GTX mounting so there will prob be a difference with the 8900 series .

XFX has a stepup ? I though that was evga ( you should check on that ) Im sure there are some reviews on the apogee I dont know why it is better I just know that ppl have been getting the best temps with it .

As for low noise if you go with the PA 120.3 with 3 Yate loons @ 7v vs @ 12v stock ( easy wireing mod) it should have Plenty of cooling power and low noise as well .

||Console|| said:
If you plan on doing the stepup program I would leave the stock hsf on for now as there is a difference between the GTS and the GTX mounting so there will prob be a difference with the 8900 series .

XFX has a stepup ? I though that was evga ( you should check on that ) Im sure there are some reviews on the apogee I dont know why it is better I just know that ppl have been getting the best temps with it .

As for low noise if you go with the PA 120.3 with 3 Yate loons @ 7v vs @ 12v stock ( easy wireing mod) it should have Plenty of cooling power and low noise as well .

Aw nice advice. I'll look into it some more.

And yeah, XFX has a step up. My brother in law is an employee, not sure if the step up is public now or not, if it isn't, it will be soon. By his words, he says XFX wish to remain competitive with EVGA and the step up has proven to give EVGA a competitive edge.

Back