• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys I need help -- a bit confused about tubing compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raizy

Pump: 12V DD-D5 Pump -- Fitting Size: 1/2" OD Fittings (For 1/2" ID Tubing)

Seal -- Perfect Seal G 1/4 Fittings info: https://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=210

Confusing part from "Perfect Seal": "Fitting outer diameter - 1/2" OD for 1/2" ID Tubing

Tubing Clamps -- 1/2" ID Tubing with 3/4" OD https://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=62&cat=34&page=1

Is the fitting and the clamps used together? The only seals they have on their website for the 1/2" ID Tubing are all 1/2" inch OD. The 1/2" tubing from their website are all 3/4" OD.

Tubing -- ClearFlex 60 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Radiator -- Double heater core has 1/2" OD Fittings aswell. There are no tubes on the website that has 1/2" OD. https://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=48&cat=14&page=1

Last edited:
Ok the D5 pump 1/2" tubs will fit fine over it . I dont know what the perfect seals are used for but I dont think you need them ( they might just be upgrades for the water blocks they sell )
The clamps suck dont buy them Goto home deopt or any other hardware store and get metal hose clamps much much better .
and the clearflex tubing is ok easy to work with but gets cloudy very easy I have it in my system and after a month or so it is cloudy in side . There are better/chepper options than the clear flex

Okay, here is my little shopping experience story:

I got a credit memo...not sure why but my eCheck via. Paypal failed/cancelled. So while I wait a week to re-order, I am doing more research.

I was going to buy Tygon tubing -- but I heard it was not worth it, and that the clearflex will do just fine. I am not srue what you mean by cloudy (I know it looks foggy inside the tube) but what does it really mean? Is it just a visual thing? Or is it bad when a tube gets cloudy/foggy? Will need to replace every month then ?

If I go to home depot for hose clamps, will I need 3/4" OD or 1/2" OD for a 1/2""ID and 3/4" OD hose?

Another question -- you think it's worth it to buy 20 dollar 1L of MCT-5 coolant? Or just grab some Anti-freeze and some distilled water from grocery store? Is anti-freeze non-conducting and non-corrosive?

The cloudy doesnt hurt the cooling properties it is just for visuals . ( I live with it my self as Thats what I have Im thinking about the sliver tubing for my next build )
I dont know the size of the clamps you need I took my tubs with me and just tryed a few once i found one that fit I bought 10 .

The 20$ a litter stuf is a waste of Monney .

The purpose of Antifreeze is to stop corrosion you dont need it if all you metal is the same ( Copper) . To be on the safe side I would buy a 4L jug of Deionized water + a few drops of Iodine ( the iodine will kill the bacteria in your system) That should keep your system running clean and nice.

Remember to leak test =)

Personally I prefer the plastic clip clamps as you linked. The metal ones are such a pain sometimes. Use the plastic ones, they are easy on easy off...

You are the first person I have ever seen that likes those . I wouldnt Risk a leak to make it easyer .

I have never had one leak, they lock tight and dont come apart unless you want them too.

I only use plastic clamps of that kind as well. They definitely do not leak

Years ago the metal worm type clamps were rejected because they eventually cut into the tubing. But now it seems that they many people use them. Strange how that happens...

I never had an issue with the metal ones cutting into the tubing, however after long time of use the ends of the tubing were warped and out of shape and had to be cut off if I took the loop apart.

My real complaint is you have to position them the right way to tighten them and then you have all the tabs sticking out. Was just a pain at times.

Some plastic clamp things came with my MCW60 waterblock...

I must be a little slow.. but I didn't find them that easily installed/removed.

But! 1/2" OD barbs + 7/16" ID tubing = No clamps. I am using 3400 7/16" ID tubing though.. might be an exception.

PITA to get on the barbs... but even more of a PITA to get off the barbs...

My fingers were sore for a week after forcing them on. o_O

Back