• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better fan filters than TT Armor's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

I posted this in the cooling section but didn't get much of a response, so maybe this is a better place to post it

I have a TT Armor with 120mm fans in front (for water cooling). I'm using the regular fan filter/bay covers that come with the case but those restrict air flow quite a bit (although it does keep the dust out). Would I get significantly more airflow with other fan filters? or is it pretty much the same? I'm using low CFM fans so i think airflow matters a lot

It's a direct trade-off for filters. The better the filter, the worse the airflow. The worse the filter, the better the airflow.

I've seen dryer sheets used as filters. These would do a great job filtering, but would restrict flow quite a bit.

Foam filters do a good job, and provide moderate air flow.

I use metal filters. These filters almost as good as foam filters, but don't restrict airflow as much.

Another thing to consider is the type of fan you're using. High-pressure fans work better with filters than low-pressure fans. If you're using low-pressure fans I'd look for a less restrictive filter. Likewise if you're using a high pressure fan, such as a blower, then you can get away with a more restrictive filter while maintaining good airflow.

Regular dryer sheets are quite restrictive but the washed ones are very free flowing ;). I use them at work as we have a major dust problem. I swear that the building is just disintegrating.

Back