• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory's Single and Dual Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heliu5

Registered
Hey,

Today I just bought another memory, just same as mine PQI 512MB DDR2-667 and when I check on CPU-Z at Channels section, it's written Single Channel. So my question to you is: How can I make it Dual Channel, and am I going to get better performance?

PS. The memories are SAME and second I put on Slot #2.( should I put in Slot#3 for dual channel?)

Thank you :)

If your board supports dual channel, then you need to place the dimms in the proper slots for it to be active.

What board is it?
How many Dimm slots?
Are the slots color coded?

Asus p5l2-se
four DDR2 slots; two yellow and two black. i placed the memories, one on yellow one on black :S

How much percent approximately do I get in performance if I turn them into Dual channel?

Depends on the application I guess. There is really no reason not to run in dual channel.

I think the real world improvement between single and dual channel varies between 3% to 15% depending on the application.

One question more..:
How can I fix the manufacturer, because when I validated with CPU-Z it says manufacturer: Noname?

some firmware or can I change something in the windows?

PS. I have PQI's memory

I believe it reads the Manufacturer from memory. Try another program like Everest. I know I've had issues with CPU-Z before, and Everest found it out just fine.

Back