• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2" Quivk Release How & what - Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supershanks

Have just ordered the parts for my 1st loop. have decided i'm going with an external 3x rad. Am going to route tubes from rad into case via pci slots.

What would be ideal would be to have quick release fittings so that if i have to do any serious work under the hood i can unhook the rad.

I'm using 1/2" ID tubing
If someone can point me at the bits i need i'd appreciate it. This is what i mean :-
quickrelease.JPG

thanks

check out the alt modding section and ask captain slug
thanks will do.

@ meionm thanks for that link they look pretty near to what i'm after.
Sadly we don't have McMasters in the uk but it gives me some knowledge of what to search for. I've been searching uk sites , not very effectively as i had only a general feel for what i wanted.

Edit:
But from non-drip quick connects to
Non-Spill Products to
Cole Palmer UNITED KINGDOM could be a result:D

Last edited:
Supershanks, try these guys http://www.tom-parker.co.uk/old_site/ Just ordered HFCD 178-12 @ £9.52 ea and HFCD 228-12 @ £7.26 ea, Guy on the end of the phone was mega helpful and even made different postage arrangements (Post office) to suit me..

These fittings are not total spill free, i think a tea spoon amount gets lost per dissconncet, NS6 are the total non spill items..

Bloomin' heck who needs post it's only up the road:beer:
TOM PARKER LTD, MARSH LANE MILL, MARSH LANE, PRESTON, PR1 1HY

i think a tea spoon amount gets lost per dissconncet, NS6 are the total non spill items..
Depends on how much more it costs to save a teaspoon:)

On avearge it's probably once a month i'll have bonnet up , it's a damn site easier on me old back to be able to disconnect rad & maybe topping up liquid rather than have to refill.

Thanks a lot guys I owe u. will let u know how it goes.

Hi Griff65,
Thinking they look a little restrictive
yes they do a bit don't they.What are u using them 4 the same idea as me ??

Will be interested to see wghat effect you feel it has.

My plans have changed a bit. I'd been given a thermochill x3 rad by a m8. He'd holed it mounting a fan wuysing too longer screws. I soldered it up & it's running in a simple loop ok. But as this is my 1st wc build , i feel better getting a new rad. so today i picked up Alphacool Black Ice GT Stealth III This is a lot smaller than the thermochill so may so i may end up with it mounted on the case, in which case quickrelease isn't necessary, not sure yet.

Back