• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on 2x2gig DDR2 800's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the fast responce guys, I went with the Patriot. The Gskill 4GBMQ ie the $319 ones had some questionable/incompatible reviews from people with the 680i chipset/bios, I took it with a grain of salt, but I just didn't want another RMA to deal with. The Gskill 4GBPQ set was the ones I was shooting for, but they were sold out. :-/

I'm running two sets of G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ. I can only squeeze 414 out of the FSB. At that point, it doesn't feel like I have any headroom. If ambient were to go up a few degrees, I'd probably lose my stability. On the plus side, they run great at spec.

If I were you, I would have held off on 2GB sticks. The price is dropping rapidly and new sets are coming out all the time.

Since you were set on getting 2x2GB, I'm glad you went with Patriot. Newegg just started listing them and you can write the first review! Plus, you can tell us if they're any good! :) OC Forums needs guinea pigs!

kittridge said:
how about Mushkin's 6400 or 8500 I heard they oc well
They better for the price!

• $349.99 - Patriot eXtreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
  • $469.00 - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
  • $549.99 - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066

Back