• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot Extreme vs OCz Ati Crossifre

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GhostDoggy

Ok, today or tomorrow I need to place an order for some PC2-800 DDR2 (2x1GB) and the Patriot Extreme PDC22G6400LLK is being compared to the OCz ATI Crossfire OCZ2A8002GK.

The OCz was initially reported by NewEgg as being 4-4-4-12, but since they discovered its 4-4-4-15. Now, they and other resellers are offering the Patriot 4-4-4-12 product for a reasonable price.

Usage will be in a new Abit F-I90HD mATX motherboard with an Intel E6300, which I already have. Initially, I will be using the BIOS-equipped overclocking resources to set either of these non-standard memories (i.e. they are not 1.8v standards), and then trying to push the collective system up a bit starting with stock cooling.

Feedback would be nice as I've never overclocked before. This is a strange behavior from me considering the last PC I built included components known for their ability to overclock--go figure, I'm lazy. The depth in which one can get involved in memory selection is a bit overwhelming to say the least.

dude rock on wiht that f-i90hd. you might be the first here to get one. let us know what you think. as far as the ram goes supposedly ocz worked with amd/ati to optimize their dimms for use in the amd/ati chipsets. how far this goes or what they did i havent a clue but the OCZ's do match the color scheme ;^) from what ive read so far about the board though you wont really need super ram since its fsb limited. seems around 350+ fsb are what most get. highest ive seen was around 390 iirc. they have a lOOOng thread over at that "ot[H]er" forum

They are both decent companies. Choose the one with the prettier heatspreader. :)

Back