• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does RAM compare?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valkillmore

About how much of a performance leap could a user see if changing from generic stock RAM to brand name. In this case, the RAM is PC-4200 and I mostly compute for the sake of gaming and various multimedia applications, though I don't generally edit film.

You will just be able to overclock better. if you are already at 1:1 and you are not going to overclock at all, then you will see no difference, maybe 1-2 percent.

imposter said:
You will just be able to overclock better. if you are already at 1:1 and you are not going to overclock at all, then you will see no difference, maybe 1-2 percent.

Without OC'ing, you probably won't notice the difference. If you OC then it will probably help. To be honest, I've always purchased OCZ value series and it OCs very, very well for me. Not much more than generic either.

If you already have the generic and it's stable, I wouldn't change it out. That's me and I'm a tight wad!! :)

Well I've switched out pc3200 from my wife's HP with patriot pc3200 and got a 500-600 mark increase in 3d2k1.

Back