• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix 2gb (2x1gb) PC4000 w/ DFI NF4 sli Expert w/Opteron 165

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

O.C.CaTaLYsT

Hey guys
im trying to overclock my memory on this dfi sli expert s 939. It is a 2gb kit with 2x1gb pc4000 DDR1. I seem to be stuck at 250 mhz on my ram. My HTT multi is at 3x and my cpu is at like 7x. ram voltage is at 2.8 (stock) but it seems that no matter what voltage i put through it i cant get anything that will be stable and boot into windows past 250. Im running 3-3-3-8 with 1t using the merlin bios 10-7-2006. Does anyone have any advice to help me reach my max memory overclock? can anyone with similar hardware post their experiences?

try the 2t command rate. just raising the timings in general. youre gonna have to fool around with it a little. 3-3-3-8 is pretty tight.

i was reading a review of these and the guy got to around 290 i think with these timings, just more voltage. i guess ima little weary to drop it down to 2t, but then again i dont know what im doing very much. what do you guys think, is it reasonable to be dropping it downt to 2t at this fsb?

I have 2x1GB Ballistix and 2x256 Corsair bh-5. Since I have four sticks installed, it's set to 2T. My system is Prime95 stable for over 20 hrs when I stopped it.

Well, I didn't put lots of time testing, but it was Prime95 stabe at 255, 1:1 and 3-3-3-7 2T timings. I had trouble getting it stable at 1T. I also found it was more stable at stock volts (2.8).

With the Corsair in, my timings are 2-2-2-5 with the Ballistix all at 2.8v. My FSB is 255, but with the divider, my memory is at 200mhz.

its really weird because even now, im trying to get it stable at ~280 and instead of the typical way that you get errors with memtest, it just freezes and the timer thing in memtest stops counting. never had that kind of experience before but again im pretty much a noob

what about settings such as dram drive strength and dram data drive strength?? i was reading about how the bios im using (merlins) has been optimized for TCCD memory and i was wondering if any of these settings that i have no idea about need to be changed

I only changed those five; 2-2-2-5, 2t or 3-3-3-7 1t and so on.

I had my notes written down that said exactly what settings those are, but I can't find the note.

I currently have mine running at 3-4-4-8 2t @272 @2.9(5)v:eek: but this is with a fan blowing on them. I haven't played with the timings much, but I think I will today and can report back what I reach

generally dude, you start with pretty loose timings. something like 3-5-5-13 or even higher. start cranking up the bus and see how high theyll go. maybe add a l'il voltage along the way. then once you can see what they can do, their highest FSB, THEN start to work on the timings, maybe add a lot of voltage along the way. youll really need to learn how to calculate the timings as a few of them are related to one another and need to be set in "ratios" there use to be a great thread over at DFI street but they are now defunct afaik. i never had that dfi board but i did have teh earlier ballistix 1g stix. the ones that ran like bats outta hell for 2 months then would die. they were good for 300+ at iirc 3-4-5-11 2.95v. this was on a asrock dual board.

Im stable at 3-3-3-8 2t now.
These are 2nd gen chips I think, first pair died after some months

With K8 would 272'fsb' at 3-3-3-8-2t be faster then 180'fsb' at 2-2-2-#-1t

333 divider doesn't boot

Back