• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out my first build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

mcp655
White water
Coolrad 32t

Check my build out for function please. Tell me what is wrong with it if anything.

wc2.jpg

wc1.jpg

One thing that really surprised me is how quiet the pump is. Also, for this testing stage, what speed should I have the pump at?

--pak

Pak,

Nice....I just started my first build this week. I am really amped about it. I'll take some pictures and try and post them here as well. I can't comment on how you're doing since I am a newbie as well. I'll be trying to drop a koolance radiator in the top and drop my psu down a couple inches so the Koolance will fit and then rig up the tubing and try and make my cabling really nice. Keep posting your progress. I am really interested.

Tyranos said:
Pretty, what did you add to the water?

Genuine Honda coolant and a few drops of algaecide.

Been running for almost 24 hours now. Every few hours a bunch of really small bubble gather up in the Tline. Then I flick the line a few times with my finger and the bubbles float up.

Should I just keep doing this till I see no more bubbles at all?

--pak

Well I have everything together up and running, and I am not too pleased. So far, I am getting the exact same results as my ultra-120

I have re-applied as5 twice to make sure that was not an issued. Both times that I re-applied, I also checked for bubbles in the radiator. The first time I found a bubble that dropped the level in my T line about an inch and I thought that was it, but my temps did not change very much. The second time I could not find any bubbles at all. I Check for bubbles by picking my rig up and turning it every way possible to try to get bubbles to come out of the radiator. I am pretty confident they are all out.

Now I know that AS5 takes some time to set in and will drop a few degrees, but in my own experience if it drops even its highest potential of 5c, I still would not be pleased.

I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much? I think I have fairly good pieces in my set up. The only piece I think that is less is the block. If I were to get a higher end block, could I expect bigger drops?

--pak

What fans do you have on top? Or is it just that one under the rad? Are your load temps different? I didn't see a huge difference in ambient temps, but load dropped 20c.

Im not at home right now. ill try to get some pix up later, the only thing you will see in the pic is that the back fan is restricted because the PSU is right below it.

I have 3 100cfm fans blowing up towards the radiators.

All the temps are exactly the same. Load and idle.

--pak

Its hard to see, but I have about 1/3 inch clearance between the PSU and the fan. The air flow on the top seems to be as much as the other two. So I don't think thats causing an issue.

--pak

is that water block 2in 1out or 2out and 1in?

either way it seems pretty restrictive and would cause your problem

but i am a newb but thats what it would seem like to me

also why dont you try putting a resivor in?

1 in and 2 out as I was told in another thread.

Reservoir? I really don't thing that is my heat issue here. The whole reservoir vs Tline is a whole other topic and there is a long thread on in it in the stickies. But I did choose it for simplicity and cost. As you can see, my case is really small.

--pak

No, but do you really think I am having an airflow issue? My original plan was to have the fans suck through the radiator and down into the PC, but I was told in another thread to push up and out to allow heat to naturally rise.

--pak

if you're pulling air in from the case, that's gonna raise your temps, also the back fan is getting starved of air from the ps, I'd use some spacers and move the fans to the top to pull through the rad

toddm27 said:
if you're pulling air in from the case, that's gonna raise your temps, also the back fan is getting starved of air from the ps, I'd use some spacers and move the fans to the top to pull through the rad

Todd's got it :beer:

Ok, im going to flip the fans.....BRB

--pak

*added* Looking at my setup and if it was setup ideally, how much of a temp drop should I get from an ultra-120~. Or a better questions, what should my temps be at full load.

Currently I am in the 57~ range full load with vcore set to 1.55.

--pak

Back