• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question regarding Apogee and LG775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winston856

Alright so almost a year ago I bought myself the Swiftech Apex ultra kit featuring the Apogee waterblock, which is still running strong to this day.

I was wondering as I'm about to purchase a Core 2 Duo setup, if I have all the necessary parts to successfully mount it to the socket?

It has instructions and parts to bolt up to the 775 socket, I guess I just want confirmation of this.

Thank you for your time. :)

An Apogee should just mount straight up, I know mine did. Even if for some reason it doesn't if you contact Swiftech they are very good about mounting hardware. I highly doubt that it won't work but you never know.

~jtjuska

Will get soon

I'm sure someone will probably have a better answer for you, but

I just got the kit myself, and I run the E6700. Kit comes in Tuesday, if no one's given you a better answer by then, i'll be able to tell you for sure lol.

PS. This is my first WC. How often/what kind of maintainence should I be careful of with this kit.

Swiftech website said:
"The Apogee™ is essentially meant as a universal water-block. It ships with all the necessary hardware for the following processor (classified by the type of sockets that they use):

Socket 478 (Intel® Pentium® 4),
Socket 775 (Pentium® 4 "Prescott"),
Socket 603/604 (Intel® Xeon™ - 400 and 533 FSB) - see note 1
Socekt 771 (Intel® Xeon™) - Optional AP-NC604 hardware pack is required.
Socket 462 (AMD® Athlon®, Duron®, MP, XP) - see notes 2 and 3 below
Socket 754, 939, 940 (AMD® 64 bit processors)
Socket AM2 (AMD® 64 bit processors) - All known motherboards but one (*) are compatible at the time of release. Please check the COMPATIBILITY LIST

It should fit.

I figured it would unless there was a point when they made it without LGA775 support. I know that mine worked fine out of the box and they have been that way for a long time. But thanks WonderingSoul for posting the verification!

WonderingSoul said:
It should fit.

Yeah I remember reading that on their website as well, I just wanted to make doubly sure.

treatmentx: I'll be looking forward to getting the triple confirmation from you :)

Apogee just didn't come with AM2 plate, which was extra. Other than that it would work an most of the sockets.

winston856 said:
treatmentx: I'll be looking forward to getting the triple confirmation from you :)

=) it fits perfectly.

actually what I would worry about more is placement of the radbox/pump/reservoir. My TTK Tsunami is friggin small, but I like the case. Sharpen up that dremel skillz =)

Back