• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok so i added the EK880gtx to my loop and temps......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme_ego

I understand that the cpu temps will go up because of added heat off the 8800gtx but are these temps right??:confused:

I'm over clocked to 3.6ghz on my e6600 conroe and i used to get 37-39 idle. now im at around 44c idle. and dropping due to me cooling off my 84f room:bang head the gpu is happily at 43c. i wonder why my gpu is colder than my cpu?? also i used AS5 i cant remember how much of a temp drop is gained over the burn in i think its 2-4c?

i have reason to believe that im cooling the gpu first in the loop DOH!:bang head ill replumb it when it come time for a drain flush and clean.

There really is no benefit in re-plumbing it to switch the order. Seeing as how it is a closed loop, there will be little, if any, benefit. I would suggest getting a bigger radiator before you mess with disassembling your loop (I know how much of a pain that is).

ok after cooling the room a bit i have an ambient temp of 26c the cpu is now at 42-41 c and the gpu is at 40c not bad!!! and i normally like my rooms at 24cfor personal comfort... or maybe a bit more...

Heh, 24C is too much for myself....anything over 20C is consider toooo warm in my book :D

xtreme_ego said:
ok after cooling the room a bit i have an ambient temp of 26c the cpu is now at 42-41 c and the gpu is at 40c not bad!!! and i normally like my rooms at 24cfor personal comfort... or maybe a bit more...

Back