• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fried my memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squashfx

im not sure how, but the other day iw as loading up my game "bf2" and my computer randomly shut off and wouldnt come back on! at first i thought it was my power supply b.c none of my fans would come on.. then i started removing my ram and i removed 1 and the fans came on and in the lcd on the motherbaord it showed a code.. so i looked up the code and it says base memory.... so i took that stick out and put the other in and nothing at all would happen.. except some of the leds on the motherboard blinked and thats all that it would do.. anyone ever had this problem?

What you do is take out all the memory-sticks in your pc. put each one in one at a time. If one stick does not boot with it its dead. (and consult for further testing, or rma) If it boots then run memtest for 1 test. If it passes go on to the next stick. Start with the "possible" dead rams first. make sure you pull out the power cord each time you to this.

imp:santa:

i did that! . . when i booted with 1 it didnt do anything.. the fans didnt even come on all that happend was the leds on the motherboard flashed... with the other stick the fans came on but the lcd code was base memeroy? and it wouldnt boot
this is the ram that i have!
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820231075

P.S.
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime
Labor Lifetime

FTW! am i rite?

unplug the power, hold the power button for 3-5seconds, Clear the cmos. And try the 1/2 stick stick again. then stick the power in, and then fire up your computer. Try different slots to ensure its not motherboard related.

imp:santa:

im excited!!! my new (rma) ram will be here tomorrow... i cant wait to get back gaming.... its been almost weeks and i have been on a 2000 model intel celeron 1gig 256 since :(

well i got my ram back today and pluged it in.. it posted and right when it get to where it says press del for bios it froze and wouldnt boot back up... its showing the same codes as before... i guess its my motherboard? so ill rma the ram and the motherboard now..would anyone agree?

Back