• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Ballistiks PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tjoker

Registered
I have a DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B /w Athlon XP 2800+ /w 1gb (2x512)Crucial Ballistiks PC3200 memory. I have it Over Clocked 200x11 with memory at 1:1 ratio. My memory is set to 2.8v...What timings should I try with the memory they are currently 2-2-2-8 . I keep failing Stress Prime 2004 , but mem test 86 shows no problems. I believe my problem is with my memory timings,,,,but I am not sure , hope someone can help!!!!:bang head

How do you know it's the memory holding you back? when you ease the timings does it pass the stress test?

I tried 3-3-3-9 and 2-3-3-8 and it failed within 10 minutes:shrug:

If it failed on 3-3-3-9 with those and the memory stick themselves are good... I would say chances are it's not the memory

Those ballistix sticks should run fine at 2-2-2-8 @ 200mhz. I ran mine all the way up to 270 (2.5-3-3-10, 2T). So it may not be the ram. Try testing each stick individually and see what happens.

Back