• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512MB Ram Reported as 502MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sourskittles

I have an Acer AS5601AWLMi that's supposed to have 512MB of ram. In Everest it's reported as 502MB and in my bios it's reported as 502MB too, but when I right click My Computer and go to properties, it's reported as 504MB. I googled for a reason to why this is, and PAE kept coming up. But on Microsoft's site it says that it only affects computers with 4GB. Can someone help me out with this problem? I don't know what else to look for.

Bios24 said:
Shared memory with the video card? Look in the bios for the option, I bet it's set to 8mb.

The video card memory is set to 128MB I can set it to 64MB or DVMT (or something like that). There isn't anything set to 8MB Those are the only memory settings available in the bios. Do you think it might be possible that the RAM is actually defective in some way?

Back