• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunpramaster

My setup:
Asus Slotkey'ed Celeron 850 o/c'ed to 1.133Ghz cooled by Thermaltake Volcano 6Cu+
Asus P2B 1.02
Asus Geforce DDR V6800
Soundblaster 128 PCI
W2K Pro

Ah yes, Ram let me explain..
Been running this setup for about a month now, running great, temperature has never exceeds over 44C when running games and etc. Well anywho, I used to have (generic)512 133Mhz of Ram(2-128 1-256), but with the Volcano, I had to sacrifice a ram slot so I could fit the cooler, so I was running 384(1-128 1-256). So a couple days ago, I decided to get some more ram and picked up 2 sticks of 256 133 Micron ram. Now, I get CTD or worse reboots with the new ram during runs of Wolfenstein or EQ, when I go back to my original 384 generics, it's fine! And I've already went back to the store and switched the sticks for another, and still get the same problems.
I already ruled out the idea of that it's something in my rig since originally I gave a stick of the micron to my brother and he was getting CTD and with the generics it was fine as well

Last edited:
Back