• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this worth adding to my loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmAn

i have just acquired an evga ge-force 6600gt i was wondering if this would be worth throwing into my water cooling loop

the kit i have comes with a block and mount that will work for this gpu

would it be worth the extra heat in my w/c system

i have an aquastar as-3000 by kingwin

right now i just have the cpu in the loop and my cpu idles at about 27.8 to 29 depending on the ambient would it be worth to put it in my loop and would i expect to see a decent overclock on it...

the evga ge-force 6600gt was orignally released as a pci-e card and chip i have the agp version of it which is almost exactly the same except 50mhz less on the memory i believe and there is an extra chip with a seperate heatsink this is the hsi (high speed interconnect) should i change my gpu's colling to h2o?

EmAn said:
would it be worth the extra heat in my w/c system

i have an aquastar as-3000 by kingwin
I think the small, round tube and fin rad in your aquastar would struggle with the extra heat load.

right now i just have the cpu in the loop and my cpu idles at about 27.8 to 29 depending on the ambient would it
Idle temps don't tell much. It would help more if you gave air temperature, coolant temperature, and CPU temperature, after running an hour at full load.

Back