• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max voltage into D9's? Some advice before I go crazy...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey guys,

I am tired of mediocre ram results and I think it's time to try out my board's 3.0vdimm. I have the AB9-QuadGT and a one gig set of corsair xms2 D9 fat body ram. I am running it right now at 475mhz 4-4-3 at 2.45v. I think I need to crank things up a notch.

What can anyone suggest? I am not looking for "safe" voltage...I am looking for some killer results without starting a fire. If I kill it, oh well. :beer:

-Collin-

Having some fun now! Stuck the D9's into my QuadGT and did a few tests. Started at 500mhz 4-4-4. Boring! Went to 500mhz 4-4-3 at 2.55v. Worked fine. Next, tried 500mhz at 4-3-3...crash! Increated voltage to 2.6v and it's stable. Finally, here is where I am now:

D9_500-4-3-2.JPG

Nothing TOO impressive, but there's something fun about running 2.65v and having 4-3-2 timings at 500mhz. :beer: I'll keep going!

-Collin-

fatties rule!lol very nice results.how are they holding up to the added voltage?getting toasty yet?

Nice work Collin, but you still got 45MHz to go till you catch me at 4-3-2. :p

Unfortunately you're gonna have to take my word for that. :-/

If you want some real fun though toss your Team into the Biostar and give em 3V. :D

Who doesn't want to see 600MHz?

I am scared to go over 2.3v since i heard ram may degrade over time with too much voltage.

currently running 1010 4-4-4-8 @ 2.2v with my G.Skill HZ's. Everything is orthos stable at over 11 hours.

I had them at 1044 4-4-4-4 @ 2.3v but i don't think my cpu was stable at 3.65

Gautam said:
Nice work Collin, but you still got 45MHz to go till you catch me at 4-3-2. :p

Unfortunately you're gonna have to take my word for that. :-/

If you want some real fun though toss your Team into the Biostar and give em 3V. :D

Who doesn't want to see 600MHz?

ah! my high voltage buddy has arrived. I would use the biostar, but I hate adjusting voltage with a screw driver and a dmm! haha!

I don't think the fat bodies will go as high as d9gmh as far as mhz, but I may get a little better timings out of them.

you're the last person I should be asking, but where do I stop with the voltage on these corsair sticks. I've got a desk fan blowing in the case and they aren't hot at all.

-Collin-

Considering were the smaller IC'd gmh and gkx fries.. with adiquite cooling 3V should be fine for fatbodies :shrug:

Dang...think 500ish may be the max for 4-3-2-9. I woke up this morning and it was freezing in my apartment so it was perfect time to up the voltage some more. I tried 525mhz at 4-3-2-9 and it wouldn't boot. I upped the voltage to 2.7v, then even 2.8v. Made it to the windows log in screen but then crashed. I guess we're getting closer.

Gautam: 545mhz at 4-3-2 is your record? I don't think my sticks will be hitting that :(

-Collin-

I think you might be able to get near me Collin. I was using 2.68v, and upping speeds thru Clockgen. I was able to do a 1M Pi at 545, but couldn't even suicide 550. Don't try to boot into Windows at speeds like that, or you'll corrupt your installation quick.

I think I was using tRAS 12. Look, I swear I'm not BSing you, Fatties are safe at pratically any volts. Even 3v+ wouldn't hurt them. (When my Bad Axe died it threw 4.2V into them for a split second and they weren't any worse for the wear)

However I don't think they really scale past 2.7v. GMH are sort of the opposite. They'll scale forever, but past 2.8 is dangerous for anything besides very short runs. And no higher than 2.4 for 24/7 of course.

Gautam said:
I think you might be able to get near me Collin. I was using 2.68v, and upping speeds thru Clockgen. I was able to do a 1M Pi at 545, but couldn't even suicide 550. Don't try to boot into Windows at speeds like that, or you'll corrupt your installation quick.

I think I was using tRAS 12. Look, I swear I'm not BSing you, Fatties are safe at pratically any volts. Even 3v+ wouldn't hurt them. (When my Bad Axe died it threw 4.2V into them for a split second and they weren't any worse for the wear)

However I don't think they really scale past 2.7v. GMH are sort of the opposite. They'll scale forever, but past 2.8 is dangerous for anything besides very short runs. And no higher than 2.4 for 24/7 of course.

I guess I'll be using uGuru then. I hate that program. I'll try it though!!!

-Collin-

Back