• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil PC2 6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144062

I just ordered this to hold me over so i can RMA my OCZ's.I should have them by tuesday i hope then i can RMA my OCZ's.Right now im using one module in single channel:bang head But what do you guys think of this stuff is it any good.I know its not D9 stuff but for $134.99 shipped i figured wtf.A few weeks ago it was over $230.And from the reviews it OC's pretty well .And im only looking for DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 and that just what its rated at

That G.Skill RAM is more expensive than the other stuff he ordered. His OCZ memory is D9GMH so eventually he will have that luxury back. I think the Geil sticks will hold up just fine for the time being.

gigabit said:
Yeah and ive heard the 6400 HZ's are no longer D9's

My 1 bad stick boots now for some reason but in memtest it got over 2000 error's in 7 minutes

no longer D9s? where did you here this? :confused: i just ordered them wednesday night and be here tuesday...if they are not D9 i will be very unhappy :mad: :bang head :mad: :bang head

well based on the reviews on newegg, everyone seems to be OC very well...if they arent D9...then i hope they let me OC well :beer:

OH god its been all over the forums ever since the price dropped over $100.But nothing has been confirmed its just a rumor.But with the big price drop i tend to believe it

Last edited:
well mine will be here on tuesday...whats the best way to figure out if they are d9 or not?

I ordered the geils the same day and they will be here tuesday also.So we can compare results.And the only way to tell 100% is pull off the heat spreaders.Or you could call G-Skill and ask they might be able to tell you from the part #

Your present ram arent they D9?

Last edited:
Already ordered it.Did it for a couple reasons but the main reason is to have a cheap backup set.Plus these use spektek-3 chips and im curious because thats a division of micron.

Last edited:
gigabit said:
I ordered the geils the same day and they will be here tuesday also.So we can compare results.And the only way to tell 100% is pull off the heat spreaders.Or you could call G-Skill and ask they might be able to tell you from the part #

Your present ram arent they D9?

i was affraid you would say that by taking the heat spreaders off :bang head does that void the warrenty :confused:

my present ram is just a stick of value kingston 512 ram, i had what was in my sig but i returned them ;)

ill have my results posted late tuesday :clap:

I have to say they are well worth $129 plus the $4.99 s/h.If you dont have a lot of money do yourself a favor and grab these.2.3v and DDR2 1000 4-4-4-12.My OCZ Gold PC2 8800 XTC's need 2.4v to run at that those timing's at that speed.These are spektek-3 chips from what i read but are sure acting alot like my D9GMH OCZ's heck even better.If they will do 1100 im selling my OCZ's..lol

Last edited:
gigabit said:
I have to say they are well worth $129 plus the $4.99 s/h.If you dont have a lot of money do yourself a favor and grab these.2.3v and DDR2 1000 4-4-4-12.My OCZ Gold PC2 8800 XTC's need 2.4v to run at that speed.These are spektek-3 chips from what i read but are sure acting alot like my D9GMH OCZ's heck even better.If they will do 1100 im selling my OCZ's..lol

thats nice OC for such a low price ram :drool:

as for my G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

well i got mine around 130pm and had to leave for work at 2pm so i didnt get much time to play with :mad: but so far... i still cant go pastt bus speed 250*13 = 3.2 or so, am really starting to think that my mother board is holding me back or maybe the x2 5200 is the problem... :bang head, when i get home tonite ill try to push it more.

I just got these sticks in last friday. still playing with them but they do low latency really well. was running 3-3-3-8 at 266fsb

caboob said:
I just got these sticks in last friday. still playing with them but they do low latency really well. was running 3-3-3-8 at 266fsb

I wonder if Geil is using D9's again.What week were your sticks made?

Last edited:
I've got Geil DDR800 C4 rated for 2.3v. Currently I've got this stuff running at 860Mhz C5.

Btw, which is correct, the Part Number of the Max Bandwidth???

cpuzxd6.jpg

NinjaZX6R said:
You had to do it, didn't you?

Off to newegg to order a set...maybe. I'll think it over in the next few minutes. :)

-Collin-

LOL sorry. But im totally happy with this ram.When my OCZ's get back from rma i think im just gonna keep these and sell the OCZ.But you alread have awesome ram.Why would you want these?

Back